Friday 6 August 2010

Burke's Hand Knits Launches

Woo hoo...
Miriam Burke is online!


Finally I am up and running with Burke's Hand Knits.
This will be a blog where I will be posting images of my recent forays into knitwear that are all available to buy or order.


Where possible, all wool is sourced from British sheep (did you know that most fleeces are thrown out as rubbish as no one has any use for the wool in this country & it is cheaper to import or manufacture woolen products). Some of the wools are vintage pure wools that I have found in charity shops, and for some products I have used non-British cashmere or merino. 


The socks, mitts and hats are reinforced with nylon to stop you going through the heel or thumb as pure wool is pretty delicate & elastic to help keep cuffs snug. All products need gentle, cool handwashing (no hot rough & tumble for these babies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment